If you have any of the following side effects, you must get a medical help from your doctor:
• Skin rashes
• Dyspnea (Difficulty in breathing)
• Inflammation of the face, tongue, throat or lips
Ciprofloxacin is also known to cause tearing or swelling of a tendon. This medication can also have an effect on your nerves. There are cases that Ciprofloxacin may also cause a permanent damage to the nerve. If you exhibit any of the side effects of this medication, you must stop taking it and call your doctor immediately.
Here are some instances that you must call your doctor right away:
• Nerve problems – tingling or burning sensation,numbness, hypersensitivity to temperature, light touch
• Tendon rupture symptoms – sudden onset of pain, inflammation, tenderness, movement problems, stiffness, popping sound of the joints (you must rest your joints until the proper medical care has been given).
If you develop any of the side effects mentioned below, you must stop using Ciprofloxacin and call your doctor immediately:
• Watery or bloody diarrhea
• Nausea, itchiness, lack of appetite, stomach pain or jaundice (yellowish discoloration of the skin and the eyes)
• Weakness of the muscles or difficulty in breathing
• Headache accompanied by chest pain and dizziness
• Sudden feeling of weakness, fever, sore throat, bleeding or easy bruising
• Hallucinations, paranoia, confusion, depression, feeling of impending doom, insomnia, behaviors that are not usual, seizure
• Heightened pressure inside the head (skull), headaches, ringing of the ears, eye problems.
What To Know About The Ciprofloxacin Side Effects?
Not all side effects of Ciprofloxacin may be reported. It is important to consult a doctor for medical advice. Likewise, side effects from using this medication can also be reported to the FDA.
What Doctors Found Out About Ciprofloxacin Side Effects?
Out of more than 40,000 patients who have received Ciprofloxacin, most side effects were described as being mild to moderate. These side effects subsided after the medication was discontinued. The side effects require no treatment and they will be gone naturally. The most common effects of the drug that the patients reported include abnormal liver function tests, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and rashes.
It is important to keep all appointments with the doctor and the laboratory. Your doctor will order for you to have lab tests in order to know if Ciprofloxacin is ideal for your own use. Also, make sure not to let anyone take your own medication. Your doctor’s prescription is likely not refillable. If you still exhibit any side effects of Ciprofloxacin even after proper interventions, call your doctor right away.